August 22, 2009

Profiles in courage

Former Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge admits that he was pressured to raise the terror alert to help Bush win re-election in 2004.

Just when I think I’ve gotten over my hatred for them. Get this: Tom Ridge, the guy the nation was supposed to depend on for our lives, says he was pressured by the misadministration --the guys the nation was supposed to depend on for our lives -- to raise the terror alert level just before the 2004 presidential election..

Former US homeland security chief Tom Ridge charges in a new book that top aides to then-president Tipsy McStaggers pressured him to raise the "terror alert" level to sway the November 2004 US election.

Then-defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld and attorney general John Ashcroft pushed him to elevate the color-coded threat level, but Ridge refused, according to a summary from his publisher.

"After that episode, I knew I had to follow through with my plans to leave the federal government for the private sector," Ridge whined.
NOW he tells us. What we already knew, but still. Fucking cowardly fuck.