May 29, 2009

Repug 'shuns' heads, assholes of party

With loads of Hispanic constituents in his state, Texas senator bites the bullet and braves the almost-certain assreaming from the Dittoverse for the sake of his career --

Sen. John Cornyn tonight repudiated the allegation that Judge Sonia Sotomayor is "racist" - and he distanced himself in no uncertain terms from the conservative opinion leaders who leveled that charge against the Supreme Court nominee, Newt Gingrich and Rush Limbaugh.

"I think it's terrible. This is not the kind of tone that any of us want to set when it comes to performing our constitutional responsibilities of advice and consent," Cornyn said.

Asked by NPR if he's worried that comments like Limbaugh and Gingrich's harm the confirmation debate, Cornyn said: "Neither one of these men are elected Republican officials. I just don't think it's appropriate and I certainly don't endorse it. I think it's wrong."

Ohhhhhhh boy. The reactions from freetardia are what you'd expect:

  • Rush has more listeners in ONE WEEK than Cornyn had in his entire CAREER. {Bwaaaa! - Ed.}

  • RINO girlyman Cornyn needs a primary challenger.

  • The RINOs are so spineless I wonder if Hillary is playing around with the FBI files again! {??? - Ed.}

  • I can’t wait to listen to Rush’s show tomorrow. {LOL. I bet, you pathetic, spoonfed dittomonkey - Ed.}

  • I agree with Rush’s and Newt’s assessment of Sotomayor but I agree with Cornyn that it should not be used to decide whether to support her nomination or not.

  • Maybe if you think a little deeper like Rush and Newt, you might come to a different conclusion.... {Priceless! - Ed.}

  • Senator Cornyn is a living, breathing example of how spineless the McCain wing of the Repub Party is.

  • He's "my" senator, too, and my FAXES to him of late go unanswered. {Gee. Wonder why THAT could be. - Ed.}

  • 2 comments:

    Grandpa Eddie said...

    Lunatics, all of them are racist lunatics.

    Chris Vosburg said...

    It was only yesterday that I was on the phone with Sony customer support about where to send a number of our Sony securicams for repair and upon being told that we'd need to send them to a repair depot in Laredo, Texas, I said "Texas. Really."

    "You're surprised?" the Customer service rep said, and I replied, "well, yes, actually, although I'm also delighted to discover that something useful is being done in Texas", and we both laughed like crazy.