September 30, 2008

Pay Up Comrades

The crux of the biscuit is The Christastrophe:

Frankly, I don't understand a word of it. I can't even balance my damned checking account because of too many impulse buys of Chocolate Funyons or whatever completely useless thing it is I'm wasting my money on. But this I understand. It's a simple enough idea: just tell us how the money is going to be spent. Open government. Accountability. Oversight. And they're refusing. One last goddamned time, they're refusing.I read somewhere that, in the end, 700 billion clams works out to about $2300 for each of us, man woman and child. I don't know about you, but I haven't bought a new pair of jeans in about a year and a half. I'm wearing the same sample contact lenses I got at Lens Crafters because I can't afford to order a box just yet, because I'm still paying off other assorted bills and things. The bottom line: MY COOKIE JAR IS MOTHERFUCKING EMPTY, WALL STREET.

Anyway, and it's been said a jillion times already but I like joining the chorus: isn't it completely hysterical to see so many conservatives having honest debates about exactly how much of this billion dollar bailout is acceptable, when a national health care plan that costs a fraction of the bailout is MARX-FASCI-COMMU-CHE-STALIN-STREISAND horrible? Like, we can't spare a penny so your kids can go to the doctor but, OH God you libtards don't understand that the CEO of Goldman Sachs has a standard of living to which he's grown accustomed and if he doesn't have gold flakes in his eggs in the morning he'll have a heart attack and die and you people will be THE MURDERERS AND WE WILL HUNT YOU and you will blame the one armed man and when the train derails you will run run run through the woods but Tommmy Lee Jones is on to you and "I didn't do it!" "I don't care" and then Batman Forever is fucking UNWATCHABLE.
Well said, brother.

Clicky the linky at the top to read it all.

No comments: