April 23, 2008

HERE Is Some Straight Talk, My Friends

America's American maverick American straight talking American maverick is a double dipper AND Welfare queen

When McCain released his tax return for 2007 on Friday, he separately disclosed that he received a pension of $58,358 that was not listed as income on his return.
On Monday, McCain's staff identified the retirement benefit as a "disability pension" and said that McCain "was retired as disabled because of his limited body movements due to injuries as a POW."......

Certain types of military and veterans pensions are either partially or completely tax-exempt, depending on the seriousness of the disability. In McCain's case, the exemption is 100%.
100% tax exempt and 100% disabled. Why is he getting 100% disability if he is as fit and healthy as he would like everyone to think? Anyone? Anyone? Beuhller?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The disability is 100% because his disability precludes him from working the field in which he was injured. He obviously could not be a fighter pilot with severely restricted movement.
I can't stand McCain, but that's just a ridiculous poke at him

Undeniable Liberal said...

It's about the money....and ridiculous is what I do.
Poke...heh, just like the pic.

Anonymous said...

UndieLib--

Lemme address this to help clarify what's happening here, as I receive a similar, if lesser, Disability Pension. First, the article doesn't come out and say he's 100% Disabled... that is only inferred. Nor does it say HOW he retired-- via the VA or via the Navy. Big difference between the two programs. I went through the VA, and because my Disability percentage was over 40%, and deemed "Service Connected,"My Disability is also Tax-Free and Off-Book.

I was "Medically Retired" of the Navy in 1996, for Seizure Disorder (caused by OJT exposure to Toluene)-- that's 40% Disability, I fell in my first seizure, onto the steel weather-decks and broke my back in three places-- 30%, and in a second seizure, I dislocated my right shoulder-- 10%.

I'm already at 70% from two seizures in as many weeks.

That is how it works-- every injury is assigned a percentage, and it gets added up to a total Disability. In the case of 100% Disability, a secondary %-age comes into play, and this one assesses one's ability for future work. ove 100%(50%), one can claim TOTAL Disability, and live off of one's Disability Pension and Social Security, but never, ever take a paid job where a W-2 is generated.

Under that, one can work, under medical limitations. I doubt that ol' Johnny has lifted a 40-pound bag of anything in a long time. He's probably restricted to 20-pounds or less-- as I am.

I was a Petty Officer 3rd Class (E-4) when I was retired, and my Disability Pension is about $1000 per month-- NOT taxed, and off-book, because I retired through the VA. I usually put that cash to work supporting smaller bloggers and Progressive ideas, and expanding my gardens.

McSame was an Officer, and he served longer than I did, and so, his Disability Pension is higher.

There really isn't much of a story there, except that he's announced his AltGI Bill, which totally fucks the Troops, while he slurps the big tit.

THAT is the story. Not that he's Disabled. I'd bet Jim Webb or any of the other Veteran Senate and Congresscritters are getting similar Disability payments.

I hope that this helped clarify the situation.

--mf