November 21, 2005

Incoming meme!!
Rats. Tild tagged me to list five songs that I'm enjoying right now, but I haven't listened to anything for so long I wouldn't know where to start. The only things that play in my head these days are earworms, so I'm going with those. But first, here are the rules:

List five songs that you currently love. It doesn't matter what genre they are, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the songs in your blog. Then tag five other friends to see what they're listening to. Comment a bit on WHY the piece is on the list; otherwise, the list has no context - it just exists in a vacuum.

1. "Eli's Coming" by 3 Dog Night (I think). I started singing this to myself yesterday when the Giants game came on (Eli Manning? Their quarterback?), and that song ended up being the soundtrack to an end-of-the-world dream I had last night that starred Hugh Laurie and, unfortunately, Bill O'Reilly. I've already said too much.

1.5. Was anyone else singing "Jeremiah was a Trotter…" during that game?

2. "In the Merry Old Land of Oz" or whatever it's called, from The Wizard of Oz with Judy Garland. The Oz songs figure prominently in my working-day mental soundtrack, the other popular one being

3. "If I Only Had a Brain," which is permanently dedicated to my idiot boss.

4. The theme from "Star Wars." I finally got around to watching Darth Vader Gets Laid this weekend. Actually, the original movie (Episode IV) helped me find religion again, and I have since been studying to become a Jedi, though my midichlorians seem to be pretty #ucking retarded, so it may take a while.

5. "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year," sung by Jack Jones or Perry Como or whoever. It's so damn cheerful, and it takes me back to when we were little kids, ice-skating on the lake at night with the snow falling… good times. Does lake ice freeze anymore?

Alternate lyrics: 'it's the most wonderful time - to drink beer!'

Avedon Carol, Ginger, Stranger, James, and Scott 'n' Ellen, you're next!

No comments: