July 30, 2004



"Go balloons! Go balloons dammit!!!! What the fuck are you guys doing up there?!"
LOL

Sleepy.
I've been up past my bedtime too many times this past week.

Rove towelboy Wolf 'what's this brown stuff on my nose?' Blitzer is off the hook this morning. I was over at C-Cpan until the balloon brouhaha.

Quote from the convention
"pResident Bush once said he wanted to be a uniter, not a divider. Well, congratulations, Mr. president. You have united the Democratic Party in a way that we have not seen in a generation."

- Rep. Ed Markey, D-Mass., at the convention on Thursday.



John Kerry nailed it
Paraphrasing Bartcopper LZ, not only was Kerry not a dud, he had the place exploding last night. He took every issue the g-pukes have tried to own - like religion, values, patriotism, defense - and rammed each and every one of them back down their slimy throats. Not to be crude or anything, but Karl had to have been on the crapper last night, desperately clenching his meaty little fists and going 'shit, shit, shit...'

It was that good.

We have it in our power to change the world again. But only if we're true to our ideals and that starts by telling the truth to the American people. That is my first pledge to you tonight. As President, I will restore trust and credibility to the White House.

I will be a commander in chief who will never mislead us into war. I will have a vice president who will not conduct secret meetings with polluters to rewrite our environmental laws. I will have a secretary of Defense who will listen to the best advice of our military leaders. And I will appoint an Attorney General who actually upholds the Constitution of the United States.

You see that flag up there. We call her Old Glory. The stars and stripes forever. I fought under that flag, as did so many of you here and all across our country. That flag flew from the gun turret right behind my head. It was shot through and through and tattered, but it never ceased to wave in the wind. It draped the caskets of men I served with and friends I grew up with. For us, that flag is the most powerful symbol of who we are and what we believe in. Our strength. Our diversity. Our love of country. All that makes America both great and good.

That flag doesn't belong to any president. It doesn't belong to any ideology and it doesn't belong to any political party. It belongs to all the American people.

"I’m John Kerry and I’m reporting for duty."



No comments: