January 24, 2003


'stunned by the sheer stupidity'
Outgoing South Korean president Kim Dae Jung took an swipe at Napoleon Bonehead's refusal to negotiate with the North Korean leader:

"Sometimes we need to talk to the other party, even if we dislike the other party," he said, repeating versions of the phrase three times. "There's no other way but to engage North Korea in dialogue. It's reality whether we like it or not."

and in a related comment,

"...imagine the right's hoots of derision if a Democratic president had to rely on a Republican governor spontaneously acting to save the president from the folly of his own policy." - Robert Kuttner.

I could while away the hours
Conferrin' with the flowers
Consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain.


No comments: