December 16, 2002


Some of his best friends are *******!
The Trent Lott interview on BET:

"What did you mean when you say 'those problems'?" interviewer Ed Gordon asked.

"I was talking about the problems of defense, of communism, and budget, of a government that sometimes didn't do its job," Lott said. "But again I understand that was interpreted by people the way it was and I should have been sensitive to that. I obviously made a mistake and I'm doing everything I can to admit that and deal with it and correct it. And I'm hope that people will give me a chance to do so."

Oh, and BTW, Lott announced that he has changed his mind about making Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday a federal holiday - having voted against it when it was on the Senate floor - and said he supports affirmative action.

"I'm for that," Lott said when asked by Gordon.

Glad he cleared that up.

No comments: