August 29, 2002




Don't get me started.


Tuesday's BuzzFlash Mailbag had an excellent letter by Nancy Lynn Nagy, and one from Chris, an Australian, who makes a good point about Squinty McSquirtypants' addictive behavior. Some wellspoken people in the mailbag - I wish I could be so articulate. Unfortunately, being banned from the internet at work means I actually have to focus on the damn job, which means by the time I get home I'm bloody well fried. Especially since the screaming pregnant woman in the cube next to me has not been forbidden from using the telephone, and is yelping into it constantly, updating everyone she knows at the top of her voice about her condition.

They were shopping for a crib this weekend, she feels pretty good, and 'Barry' says she looks like she's packing a whole litter in there.



MOMMY, WHY IS THAT MAN SO STUPID?
"I'm thrilled to be here in the bread basket of America because it gives me a chance to remind our fellow citizens that we have an advantage here in America - we can feed ourselves." - the Oaf of Office, Stockton, Calif., Aug. 23, 2002.

"There's no bigger task than protecting the homeland of our country." - ditto

"The federal government and the state government must not fear programs who change lives, but must welcome those faith-based programs for the embetterment of mankind." - sigh.

"I'm a patient man. And when I say I'm a patient man, I mean I'm a patient man." - the Oaf of Office, rather impatiently, Crawford, Texas, Aug. 21, 2002

"Nothing he [Saddam Hussein] has done has convinced me - I'm confident the Secretary of Defense - that he is the kind of fellow that is willing to forgo weapons of mass destruction, is willing to be a peaceful neighbor, that is - will honor the people - the Iraqi people of all stripes, will - values human life. He hasn't convinced me, nor has he convinced my administration." - oh my God.



AY CARAMBA...
Rumsfeld: We Don't Need No Stinkin' Allies!

He obviously feels he doesn't have to answer the very people who'll be fighting his war for him, either. Yahoo News brought us this amazing piece of arrogant bullshit on Wednesday:

"Leadership in the right direction finds followers and supporters," Darth Rummy said to the 1st Marine Division at Camp Pendleton, who were more than a little concerned about going to war against Iraq.

When a Marine asked whether Rumsfeld thought victory in Iraq would take long to achieve, he refused to answer directly. "The frenzy on this subject, it seems to me, is not useful," he said.

Meanwhile, in a related story, Iraq said today there was still room for a diplomatic solution to avert war with the United States, but that Baghdad had to prepare for conflict because Washington did not want a peaceful solution.



QUOTE
"If you strike at the Iraqi people because of one or two individuals and leave the Palestinian issue (unsolved), not a single (Arab) ruler will be able to curb the (rising) popular sentiments." - Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, in Cairo. It's funny, when I first read this I thought the 'individuals' he was talking about were Generalissimo Georgie and Pussy Poppy Bush.



EEEEWWWWW....
Headline at the Drudge Report today: "Hannity Hits NY Times Bestseller List at No. 3, GOP Officials Urge Run for Political Office." 'Developing...'

HATED, OVERUSED PHRASE-OF-THE-DAY
"...make sure we're all on the same page." - various coworkers, the screaming beagle in the adjoining cube.


AND YET HE WASN'T INVITED TO W's ECONOMIC FORUM
Robert Moisescu, sentenced to seven years in prison for robbing a Plattsburgh, NY, bank, told the judge in a letter that his time should be reduced to four years because his loot was worth only 62 percent in Canadian dollars. - Edmonton Journal-AP, 5-10-02, via News of the Weird (email).

No comments: