June 25, 2002


Another list of Bushisms! Here's a look:

"I will have a vice president who can become the president...I will have a vice president that agrees with my policy. I'm going to have a vice president that likes me."
-- Michigan debate, Jan. 11

"In order to make sure there's not this kind of federal -- federal cuff link, the federal structure on programs, there needs to be flexibility at the state level." -- Education speech, March 30

"I complain when I get overworked. I'm insistent that they [schedule breaks]. Now two hours are built in during each day for exercise... There are some moments when I've just been fortunate to have made it through the day without making a mistake or something." -- Newsweek, Feb. 28 edition

(Thanks to BuzzFlash)


Astronmy Picture of the Day: the Happy Face Crater on Mars:

Explanation: Even Mars can put on a happy face. The Martian crater Galle has internal markings reminiscent of a smiley face symbol. Such markings were originally discovered in the late 1970s in pictures taken by the Viking Orbiter. A large meteor impacted the Martian surface to form the crater. Conventional wisdom holds that the markings inside the crater are placed by chance by natural processes. The Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) spacecraft currently orbiting Mars took the above picture.

No comments: